ftp scriptable

aesop aesop at america.net
Tue Jan 23 08:54:08 EST 1996

ftp does have its initialization file, .netrc.  It will allow you to
specify commands and define macros.  It may suit you, but it depends on
the complexity of your logic.

Read the manpage on the .netrc file.  Hope this helps.

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996,
dZothMuellarg wrote:

> I need to have a scriptable ftp.
>
> I need to do things like ftp to a site, get a listing, and based on
> that listing cd or retrieve or delete.
>
> I need to automate this.
>
> Is there a ftp-script out there?  Can perl do this?
>
> --
> Later,
> ZOT                                                        zot at crl.com
> Home Page:   http://www.crl.com/~zot/home.html
> Improv Page: http://www.crl.com/~zot/improv.html

Dogbert: Has your electronic mail system made you more efficient?
Dilbert: In a way... Now I'm getting ignored at the speed of light.
						-- Scott Adams