Memory Upgrade

Daniel Newcombe NEWCOMBE at aa.csc.peachnet.edu
Sun Jan 21 23:39:45 EST 1996

> Unfortunately, if you have a 4-slot bank, you can typically only use
> two of the converter modules, since the 30-pin SIMMs extend over
> the adjacent 72-pin slot. Furthermore, you need to get one "right-
> handed" and one "left-handed" module, or they will not fit next to
> one another in adjacent slots.

Yes, they do take up space.  I had to remove the "case" for three
drive bays from my system to fit them in.  Depending on what
kind of SIMMSavers you get, you can fit four in adjacent slots.
There is a company that sells models A,B,C, and D, and they go
something like

      | | | |

Dan Newcombe
User Services