[ale] Re: X and a TVGA9440AGi (fwd)

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 29 10:02:23 EST 1996

On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, David C. Snyder wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> >  I don't know of another server (except for X Inside or whatever, but I'm
                                                ^^^^^^^^
Oops.  That should be Metro Link.

> >  sure it's not any cheaper).  However, if you do have $65, you could buy
> >  Caldera.  It comes with the registered Accelerated X server, and the
> >  student price for the whole package is $65 (if I remember right); the
> >  normal price is $99.
>
> That's not an X server.  It's a X Font server.  Not the same
> thing...

Sorry to disillusion you ;-).  Accelerated X *is* an X server.  In fact,
that's the one he was already running, and it's made by X Inside (see
http://www.xinside.com/ for more details).

Caldera does come with a font server as well, and like you say, that is
different from an X server.  However, it also comes with Accelerated X.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker : gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu : The Georgia Institute o' Technology