weird sendmail problem

Andrew Newton newton at ibm.net
Tue Feb 27 19:19:40 EST 1996

I've got a weird sendmail problem.  My sendmail is
using an smtp gateway I have not specified.   If I enter
a message off-line, then connect to the network and
do a "sendmail -q -v" to tell it to process the queue,
I see it connect to netcomsv.netcom.com.  And I'm not
a netcom customer (though, all the mail seems to be
making it to the proper places across the net).

I have DS in my sendmail.cf file set to the proper
smtp gateway.

The funny thing is, I have another machine setup this
way and it works.  Can anybody tell me just where
sendmail is getting netcomsv.netcom.com from?  The
machine with this problem is setup with an old
Slackware distribution and running 1.1.59 of the kernel.

Thanx in advance.

Andrew Newton
lfs at eskimo.com or newton at ibm.net
Andrew Newton