Accessing Linux files from WIN95

David C. Snyder dsnyder at dsnyder.mindspring.com
Fri Feb 23 07:53:25 EST 1996

Hello,

>  Both my Linux drive and WIN95 drives are on the same computer. Will
>  SAMBA still work with this configuration (I'm ashamed to admit that I do
>  not know what SAMBA is)?

No, SAMBA is only for networking WINDOWS based PC's with Linux (or
other UNIX) systems.  It won't help in your situation.  Unfortunately,
the fdutils stuff I told you about is not the right stuff either.
There's an ext2tool.zip file that you need.  Let me check my
CD-ROM.....nope, not on my CD-ROM, but I know I've seen the package
listed in comp.os.linux.announce.  This zip file that contains
several DOS utilities that allow you to access files on your ext2
partitions.  I haven't tried it, but there was some info on it in
the November issue of the Linux Gazette.  Check
http://www.redhat.com/.  Also check sunsite.unc.edu mirrors in
/pub/Linux/system/Filesystems/ext2/ext2tool*.zip.  Hope this helps.

-- David
   dsnyder at mindspring.com