PPP and slirp

MYERS ufpsprod!gmyers at atlml1.attmail.com
Thu Feb 22 08:18:21 EST 1996

} 	I have just recently coerced Slirp into working between my Ga Tech
} account and my Linux box at home. I interface Slirp using PPP. I am now
} trying to get a nameserver established AND get Netscape to find its home
} web site.
} 	I would appreciate any thoughts / comments / hints on how to go
} about doing this.
}
} 						Thanks so much,
}
} 							David

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for.  Have you configured your
/etc/resolv.conf file?  This is where you would define your DNS.  Is this
some of the info you're looking for?  If you've configured everything else
and actually have a PPP connection going, then you may get cooking by just
adding your nameserver to /etc/resolv.conf as follows:

nameserver 123.123.123.123

where 123.123.123.123 is the ip address of your nameserver.

Expand on your questions if this isn't sufficient to get you going.

Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine...

       Until later,       attmail!gamyers      ph  404.810.3250
       Geoffrey Myers                          fax 404.810.2487

       floc 6E26, 1200 Peachtree, Promenade II, Atlanta, GA 30309

      gamyers at attmail.com   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com