Network Cards (fwd)

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 21 12:11:32 EST 1996

  > So I could just buy some NE2000 clones for less. What I would like is
  > some feedback on experiences with cheap netcards.  Is this going to be a
  > real headache getting them to work?  Any brands to avoid? Should I just
  > go ahead and take advantage of this *special offer*?  TIA
  > Todd

Todd

I recently purchased a NE2000 clone 10base2 card from MEI/Micro (800-634-
3478) for around $32 (in quanities of 1 to 3) and Linux locates the card at
bootup with no problems. Of course I am as you. I use the card in a home
setup to learn with, so I can't vouch for how well the card will function in
a mission critical environment.

Glynn Black g.black12 at genie.com
 Chatham County DFCS Savannah, GA