double mail

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 15 17:25:20 EST 1996

jnm at safn2.saf.com writes:
>The last two days all my ale messages have been sent in duplicate. Below
>is a sampling of the headers from two identical messages.

Well, you are in the To: line as jnm at safn2.saf.com and on the CC: line
as a receipient of the ale at cc.gatech.edu list.  That's why you got 2 copies.
For example, you'll get 2 copies of this message now.

>To: jnm at safn2.saf.com, arnold at infographix.infographix.com
>CC: ale at cc.gatech.edu

>To: jnm at safn2.saf.com, arnold at infographix.infographix.com
>CC: ale at cc.gatech.edu

Arnold also got 2 copies of the message...  In general, it's probably best to
complain to the list administrator, and not all 231 people subscribed to this
list.

Greg

--
Greg Hankins (greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu)  |  Georgia Institute of Technology
Computing and Networking Services          |  College of Computing, room 213