popclient weirdness resolved.

Joe joe at whyknot
Wed Feb 14 13:40:39 EST 1996

My problem with popclient has been (kinda) fixed. Apparently, if it is
invoked without the "-o" option, it uses the local delivery agent to
send the mail. That is the part that isn't working, and since I don't
have the source and don't feel like looking for it, I'm not going to
fix it.

However, when invoked with the -o option, as many of you suggested, it
just opens the specified system mailbox and writes the messages onto
the end of it. This nicely circumvents the problem, and I thank
everyone for their suggestions. I probably wouldn't have thought of
trying the -o option, since this distinction is not clarified in the
man page, and I assumed invoking it with -o would just make it use the
local delivery agent to send the mail to a different user.

-- Joe