[ale] limiting access to e-mail aliases

Juan Bou Riquer. juanb at cancun.rce.com.mx
Mon Dec 23 03:56:01 EST 1996

----------
> From: Alexei Rodriguez <alexei at mindspring.com>
> To: Juan Bou Riquer. <juanb at cancun.rce.com.mx>
> Cc: jdebona at discom.net; linuxisp at friendly.jeffnet.org; ale at cc.gatech.edu
> Subject: Re: [ale] limiting access to e-mail aliases
> Date: Friday, December 20, 1996 8:33 PM
>
> Juan Bou Riquer. wrote:
> >
> > this script will send a copy of the file /root/mensaje to all the
mailboxes
> > names in /var/spool/mail, I needed to put the sleep 10 to send a
message
> > every 10 seconds to prevent overflow of the sendmail program, this will
be
> > different at your system, I use it to send a message to more than 1500
> > users only writing the meesage I want to send in /root/mensaje, my
system
> > takes about 5 hours to generate the mail to every user and I usually
start
> > it at night
>
> This would work for everybody that has gotten email on the system.

Yes this script is far to be an end solution but is practical for me

> But what about folks in the aliases file?

well, I dont need to use aliases or handle .forwards, maybe if you
extract the usernames from the /etc/passwd the .forward files will
be ok

> How do you handle .forwards?
>
> How about people that do not get mail?

The script I say is practical, why you need to reach a user that not use
the E-mail? my adduser command initializes the user mailbox when start any
account...

> Alexei

See you
Juan