[ale] limiting access to e-mail aliases

Jon-Michael J. DeBona jdebona at discom.net
Thu Dec 19 01:27:46 EST 1996

Is it possible to place limits on who can use e-mail aliases?  We have
an alias that sends e-mail to every username on our system.  An unhappy
customer figured out that he could use it and express his worthless
thoughts about our service to everyone of our other customers.  We could
comment it out in the alias file and uncomment it everytime we wanted to
use it...(inconvenient)...or I guess send mail to everyone in a file.
I've heard there is a way limit who can send mail to an alias though.
(Sendmail 8.8.4)  TIA...

Jon-Michael J. DeBona
Technical Support Representative         E-mail:  jdebona at discom.net
Discovery Communications, Inc.              WWW:  http://www.discom.net/
775 Franklin Rd., Suite 100               Voice:  (770) 425-5700 x102
Marietta, GA 30067                          Fax:  (770) 425-1765
               Discover a Whole New Internet at Discovery
             Bringing People Together Through Communications