[ale] Cthreads on RedHat

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Tue Dec 17 23:37:41 EST 1996

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Tucker Balch wrote:

> Howdy, in trying to compile the latest version of Cthreads on my
> Linux box (RH4), it croaks because it can't find poll.h .  A "man poll"
> on SunOS reveals that it's for multiplexing i/o over a set of
> file descriptors.  A "man poll" on linux draws a blank.  Any ideas?

[kaboom at ricker kaboom]$ locate poll.h
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xpoll.h
[kaboom at ricker kaboom]$ rpm -qf /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xpoll.h
XFree86-devel-3.2-2
[kaboom at ricker kaboom]$

I don't know where poll.h comes from, but I don't have it either.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                   gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu

"All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed."
              -- Sean O'Casey