[ale] Redhat 4.0 and metro-x

nomad nomad at orci.com
Sun Dec 8 08:53:00 EST 1996

Joe Novosel wrote:

> Has anyone had trouble with metro-x and redhat 4.0?
>
> I can't seem to get it to work.
> I have a diamond stealth 64 vram video card with 4m.
> The only mode that I can use is standard vga.  According to their docs,
> my card is supported.
> I did email redhat, but I thought that I might get a quicker response from
> here.

I am using Metro-X and that card.  Sometimes my monitor doesn't sync up,
but that's because the sync for my monitor is off a little.  Easy fix.
Did you run the install program?  There is an Xbased config and a curses
based install.

Robert
Robert L. Harris   "I'M SPAWNING CHILD PROCESSES!!!"
System Engineer For Hire.

Email:
Nomad at orci.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:
  These are my opinions alone.  Possibly borrowed from someone
  else, but it's no-one you want to know	nd I'm expressing
  them as my own.

Advise on Unix:
  perl -e 'print
$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
  echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq'|dc