[ale] SupraFAXModems

Bill Hamilton chamilton at dttus.com
Wed Dec 4 18:30:04 EST 1996

     Dan,

     I don't think this is a Linux thing (but it might be).  We have
     several 28.8 and 33.6 modems that we use for Notes & NT.  Connections
     speeds top off around 24.0 (24,000Kbps).  I've seen 26.4 a few times
     but not many.  We think we have narrowed the problem down to our PBX
     system.  I think the PBX systems is consistently degrading the line to
     prevent optimal connection speeds.  Any buyers on this theory?

     -Bill Hamilton