[ale] Commercial Users of Linux

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Tue Dec 3 12:24:06 EST 1996

The following are excerpts from a Linux Gazette report on the
Open Systems World/FedUNIX show in Washington DC
--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.

Jeff Leyland of Wolfram Research, the makers of Mathematica, spoke about
Wolfram switching to Linux as their development platform. There were other
speakers I should have made time to hear, but I got caught up talking to
people coming by our booth and asking about Linux. I know that after a few
talks, the Linux booths would get flooded with people excited to check it out.

I also heard Ernst & Young--well known for their accounting services among
other things--apparently use Red Hat Linux in-house and asked IBM, with whom
they contract for computer services, to support their Linux machines. (If
you're from Ernst & Young, please send me some mail. We'd like to hear about
how you're using Linux.)