[ale] OK, I'll brag too

Eric Z. Ayers eric at compgen.com
Tue Dec 3 09:14:02 EST 1996

I had to shut down my machine at work a few weeks ago because I was
moving it to another office.  Here's the output of 'uptime' right after I
shut down X.

  4:53pm  up 85 days,  2:56, 49 users,  load average: 1.34, 0.37, 0.12

(Okay, so 49 users seems a little out of whack ;)   Still, it seems to
be as reliable if not more reliable than the X terminals some folks use
around here.   And I can run Netscape, Xemacs, have mail delivered, and
use it as a test platform for some of our application work.

-Eric.