[ale] Lilo forcing boot to win

dZothMuellarg zot at crl.com
Mon Dec 2 16:04:11 EST 1996

I have the machine under linux again, I had to boot with the RedHat
disksoff the floppy, and rerun lilo.

Here is my lilo conf:
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=30
LOCK
VERBOSE=4
image=/works-kernel
        label=works
        root=/dev/hda3
        read-only
        append = ""
image=/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage
        label=comp
        root=/dev/hda3
        read-only
        append = ""
image=/vmlinuz
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda3
        read-only
        append = ""
other=/dev/hda1
        label=win
        table=/dev/hda
other=/dev/hda1
        label=winold
        table=/dev/hda
        loader=/boot/any_d.b

-----
winold stopped working, so I switched to win (looking at the samples in
the FAQ).  My hd partion looks like:

   Device Boot   Begin    Start      End   Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1            1        1      235   473728+   6  DOS 16-bit >=32M
/dev/hda2          236      236      252    34272   82  Linux swap
/dev/hda3   *      253      253      523   546336   83  Linux native
Partition 3 has different physical/logical endings:
     phys=(510, 63, 63) logical=(522, 63, 63)

When I boot to works (1.2.13) everything is fine.  If I boot to win,
everytime I rebbot, I have to redo lilo.  I guess I should have made a
backup disk :)

Any ideas?  THis all worked a while ago.  Win is win95.  What happened
was that win stopped working, I kept getting a put disk in a: error.  I
re sysed win95 and reran lilo to the same errors.  So I removed the
loader line and it worked, sort of.  I thought originally it was the
active partion, but that has not changed.

Zot O'Connor                            zot at crl.com
Home Page:                              http://www.crl.com/~zot/
Improv Page:                            http://www.crl.com/~zot/improv.html
World Wide Web Calendar:                http://wwwcal.com