[ale] loop device and /dev/marry

Christopher Fowler cfowler at www.topform.com
Mon Dec 2 08:57:13 EST 1996

For years SCO has offered support for a loop device and it is known
as marry.  I'm just wandering if AIX 3.2.5 has the same support.  I know
linux does.  I want to create some large 500mg files on a linux machine and
mount them via NFS on a RISC/6000 running AIX 3.2.5 then I want to use
a loop device to create a FS on each.  Does ne1 know how to do this?  What
is the largest file I can create on a linux drive?

If you are wandering why would I do this over NFS? It is too expensive to
add SCSI drives to a 34h RS/6000.  Plus, I have 3.5gb of space on a Linux
box.

Thanks,
Christopher Fowler
To contact me:  cfowler at www.topform.com
Computer Software, INC. * 303 Research Drive * Norcross, GA 30092
Phone: (770) 448-1484 * FAX: (770) 448-3949
http://www.topform.com