[ale] hello!...

james at sybase.com james at sybase.com
Fri Aug 23 19:09:21 EDT 1996

that was quick, here it is again, hopefully w/shorter lines....

james at sybase.com

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 15:39:14 -0700
 From: james
To: ale at cc.gatech.edu
Subject: hello!...
Cc: james

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your offer to help me sort this linux problem out.
i've upgraded to kernel ver: 2.0.12 &  would like to get pppd running, but it just
returns: "Sorry, ppp is not available on this system", or something to that effect.

the kernel compiles fine, both w/& w/out modules, but for some reason, pppd 2.2.0f WON'T.
i'm not near my system now or i would include the errors, but there appeare to be some
missing include files.

i've upgraded libc & ld.so, though i don't remember to what level. i've also installed a
recent "modules" package. The base system is Red Hat 3.0.3.

thanks for any illumination.

james at sybase.com