[ale] tftp

Alfred Grahame Leach aleach at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 22 12:22:58 EDT 1996

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to use tftp to store router images on an internal network.
I've found that the only way I can write to the tftp server is if the
file which I am writing already exists on the server and is writable -
this means you have to create the file on the server before you copy it
ther (by using touch and chmod 666).  I've tried to find out why this is,
but I can't find any useful man pages...  Any ideas?

I'm using RedHat3.0.3 with 1.2.13 kernel (stock).  I've enabled tftp in
/etc/inetd.conf (or else it wouldn't work at all I suspect).  I do have
tcp wrappers running as this is the default in my version of Linux.

TIA

- Al

  | Al Leach              |  Georgia Tech              | Sailing is:       |
  | Graduate Student      |  College of Computing      |  hours and hours  |
  | MS, CS/Networking     |  Atlanta, GA 30332         |  of boredom,      |
  | email: aleach at cc.gatech.edu                        |  moments of sheer |
  | WWW: http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/aleach   |  stark terror...  |
  |     < Georgia Tech - Olympic Village of the 1996 Summer Olympics >     |