[ale] Comments on TCP/IP & Win95

Dan Newcombe newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu
Tue Aug 20 15:54:32 EDT 1996

> Yo gentlemen! - be cool!  If TCP/IP is "native" to Linux & if Linux is
> set-up to provide "local area networking" (say in lieu of big bad Novel)
> then, to me, the relevance & applicability to cross-platform networking is
> very relevant to the propigation of Linux!  ........  therefore, I stand by

And if Linux is setup to act as a file server in place of big bad
ancient Novell, and someone stores Borland C++ on there, are we to also
start answering quesions about that as well (since c/c++ is also
"native" to Linux.)

I'm not trying to flame, but getting two Win95 machines to talk has
nothing to do with Linux.  Now...if you were using a Linux box as your
dialup system, maybe :)

	-Dan

--
Dan Newcombe (newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu)