[ale] 2.0.12 kernel

Justin W. Russell gt1345c at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 15 20:21:30 EDT 1996

Hello all,

	I'm new to this mailing list and somewhat new to linux.  Basically I'm
still trying to finish setting up my kernel.  I've compiled 2.0.12 with
the "triton-DMA" option thinking that I have an Intel Triton chipset (I
believe it's the 630VX or something like that, I can't quite remember)
with a Cyrix 6x86 chip.  But now I'm getting these BM-DMA Invalid (PnP
BIOS Problem) messages.  What does this mean, anyway?  Has anyone else
tried to compile the new kernel with these chipset options??
Looking for a little inside info.