[ale] NCR Lunux 2.0.11

Eric eric at compgen.com
Wed Aug 14 18:44:12 EDT 1996

Could be synchronous transfer negotiations in the driver. Look in the
source code for the different cmd line options and compilation time
options you can pass to the kernel: /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/NCR* &
README.*NCR*

Could be that you need to not reset the SCSI bus.

Could be bad termination on the SCSI bus.

Could be a bad PCI config (configuration for that PCI INT confilicts
with an IDE IRQ for another card in your system.)

Could be a bad PCI bios.   I've had a hard time getting an award bios to
configure an NCR 53c810 correctly.  But the symptom I saw was that the
initialization of the card bailed out pretty quick, reporting 'irq 0
invalid' or 'irq 255'

-Eric.