[ale] to everyone running Red Hat 3.0.3

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.is.net
Tue Aug 6 20:26:29 EDT 1996

}
}On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, Tucker Balch wrote:
}
}> 	1. Crank up X
}> 	2. xfig
}> 	3. Click on the rectangle tool
}> 	4. Click on "PenColor".   If a palette of colors for
}> 		you to pick from comes up, you don't have the
}> 		problem.
}
}I don't have the problem on RedHat 3.03 with Accelerated X (or with
}XFree).  Of course, I always run w/ 256 colors and usually have netscape
}open, so when I start up xfig it automagically uses a private color map.
}Try configuring X to only have 8-bit color and then run xfig again and see
}what happens--it may not fully support higher color depths.

FYI, I'm running the 3.1.2e XF86_SVGA at 16 and I don't have this problem.
Different X server and running Slackware with major upgrades to kernel and
such...

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   Unix.Guru.Dude at worldnet.att.net
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....