[ale] sendmail problem

Mir S Islam mir at venus.gsu.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:15:31 EDT 1996

Hi, I am having problem with sendmail. I am getting a lot of messages
like this in the /var/adm/messages

Apr 30 13:06:09 venus sendmail[91]: collect: unexpected close on
connection from panther.Gsu.EDU, sender=<^Q at panther.Gsu.EDU>: Error 0
Apr 30 13:06:09 venus sendmail[91]: NAA00091: from=<^Q at panther.Gsu.EDU>,
size=0, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=1, proto=ESMTP,
relay=gs02msi at panther.Gsu.EDU [131.96.1.18]

The user/receiver dows not get the message and the sender does not get
notified that it was undeliverable. Any idea what's wrong ? The machine
sendmail is having trouble with is a Sun running SunOS 5.5

Sendmail is receiving mails from the other machines without any problem.
I am wondering if it is my machine or the Sun. Thanks for the inputs.

--
Mir S Islam              | "Creativity is the inability to follow the
Network Administrator    |  rules of others."