[ale] Demand Dialing

David_McReynolds at stratus.com David_McReynolds at stratus.com
Mon Apr 29 13:10:32 EDT 1996

Vendor: Slackware

I am having trouble setting up demand dialing.  A co-worker had helped
me install Linux the first time and I seem to remember a diald daemon.
Time passed. The machine had NT installed on it, then Win95.  Now I want
to go back to Linux.  I've done the initial install and rebuilt the
kernel.  I saved by old diald.conf, diald.defs, PPP oprtions and the
rc.d directory.  However, to my surprise I don't seem to be in
possession of a diald.  Please enlighten me as the book I have doesn't
mention demand dialing at all.

davidm