[ale] Need Info: "Ten Time" (SST?) SCSI Controller

John M. Mills jmills at siberia.gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 26 12:44:34 EDT 1996

Venard -- Thanks.  I'm making a little headway.  For starters I printed
out the beeegggish SCSI-HOWTO.  Now my desk stays nicely in place.
I reply in case others are tracking this:

> 4) a bunch of jumpers, labled "ROMADDR", "ROM ENABLE", "IRQ" (I guess
>    I can figure that one out), "I/O ADDRESSRP1" and a couple of more
>    cryptic notes.

V I think that ROMADDR is what address the device would ike to think it is
V located at. Common ones for some devics are 0x300 and such.

I think this is actually the function of the I/O ADDRESS jumpers, containing
bits 4-10, and currently jumpered to [maybe] 0x4B0

I think ROMADDR is the BIOS entry commonly, bits 14-19, and commonly set at
something like 0xD8000 (0xA4000 at present, if I read right.)

V You have to
V make sure that it doesn't conflict with your ethernet cards, cd-roms and
V such

Understood.

> 5) the usual big blue-ribbon ("Centronics") connector at the back, and
>    two dual-row cable headers: P2(50 pins) and P5(34 pins) which I expect go
>    internally-mounted drives.

V The 50 pin cable is the internal scsi connector for internal scsi devices.
V The 34 pin connector is likely a floppy controller just like the one that
V you have on your IDE controller card or your motherboard.

Understood -- jumpers for FD are more or less self-explanatoru.

John M. Mills, Senior Research Engineer   --   john.m.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
   Georgia Tech Research Institute, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0853
        Phone contacts: 770.528.3258 (voice), 770.528.7083 (FAX)
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -Pop. Mechanics,'49