[ale] Need Info: "Ten Time" (SST?) SCSI Controller

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 26 11:27:29 EDT 1996

> 4) a bunch of jumpers, labled "ROMADDR", "ROM ENABLE", "IRQ" (I guess
>    I can figure that one out), "I/O ADDRESSRP1" and a couple of more
>    cryptic notes.

I think that ROMADDR is what address the device would ike to think it is
located at. Common ones for some devics are 0x300 and such. You have to
make sure that it doesn't conflict with your ethernet cards, cd-roms and
such

> 5) the usual big blue-ribbon ("Centronics") connector at the back, and
>    two dual-row cable headers: P2(50 pins) and P5(34 pins) which I expect go
>    internally-mounted drives.

The 50 pin cable is the internal scsi connector for internal scsi devices.
The 34 pin connector is likely a floppy controller just like the one that
you have on your IDE controller card or your motherboard.

Vernard Martin
(vernard.martin at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/vernard/
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332