[ale] Networkin and Sendmail

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 18 23:47:31 EDT 1996

On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Steven A. DuChene wrote:

> 	If the Xserver is hung you will NOT be able to do any keyboard input!
> 	No Ctrl-Alt-<- or Ctrl-Alt-Del   That is why it is real hard to tell
> 	if the whole machine is hung or just the Xserver. By hooking up a
> 	terminal or network connection you can positively check to see if it
> 	is still possible to communicate with the machine/system that may still
> 	be running under the Xserver.

oh sorry.  However, even when I try to run telnet out of X it still hangs.
I guess I could still use a terminal for that too huh?  I'll try to communicate
via the network to it while its hung.  Seeing I don't have a terminal spare.

thanks
charlie

							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
We have to believe in our free will: We have no choice in the matter.