[ale] Networkin and Sendmail

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Tue Apr 16 11:56:18 EDT 1996

Charlei wrote:
> I've posted about this before, but I've gotten the networking services (telnet,
> ftp, ping, netscape, etc) to work.  However, if I start up sendmail from the
> rc.M file it hangs the machine.  I haven't had time to see if it'll start up
> manually, but I'm probably sure it won't.

        What kind of error messages do you get when sendmail tries to start?
	Take the time to try and start it by hand so we can help you out.
	Can you telnet to port 25?

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.