[ale] unix floppy filesystem?

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon Apr 15 18:03:25 EDT 1996

}> Is it possible to create a Linux file system on a floppy?  I would like
}> to be able to retain the file naming flexibility when I archive to a floppy
}> so that questions.how-to doesn't have to become QUESTHOW.TWO.
}
}mke2fs /dev/fd0
}mount -t ext2 /dev/fd0 /mnt

Thanks, I've figured out a bit of a different way to do this, see my recent
posting.  My problem was, I couldn't find mke2fs.  When I would try 'mkfs
/dev/fd0' I was passing the wrong parameter to the '-t' flag.

}
}--
}Dan Newcombe - Clayton State College - User Services - 770-961-3421
}newcombe at aa.csc.peachnet.edu  http://www.csc.peachnet.edu/home/dan/
}- I've got four hungry lawmen out in the cruiser. We need donuts.
}                        (Agent Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks)

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   gamyers at attmail.com
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....