[ale] unix floppy filesystem?

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Mon Apr 15 17:21:56 EDT 1996

Is it possible to create a Linux file system on a floppy?  I would like
to be able to retain the file naming flexibility when I archive to a floppy
so that questions.how-to doesn't have to become QUESTHOW.TWO.

I tried adding an entry to /etc/fstab for a linux file system, but that
didn't work.  I then attempted to fdisk the floppy (can you do this?) but
it said I had to 'set heads sectors and cylinders via the extra functions
menu.  I couldn't find a HOWTO that referenced this subject.  I have no
idea how to proceed from here.  Help would be appreciated.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   gamyers at attmail.com
	http://www.ticllc.net/~geof  or http://denali.is.net/~geof

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....