[ale] uugetty

andy dread at atlcom.net
Wed Apr 10 02:30:55 EDT 1996

I currently have uugetty setup for my dial in connection. It works flawlessly. except
sometimes when I hang up, getty for some reason thinks i am still connected so it does
not reset the line. I have tried different modems with no luck. The carrier detect light
goes off but the rd and sd light remains on constantly and getty refuses to answer. This
seems to be a common problem and has plagued me since I started using Linux.
current config:-
	*Hayes Optima PnP Business Modem v.34+voice+fax External
	*Hayes ESP Serial Port (this also happend with regular 16550AF serial port)
	*Pci local bus/NCR SCSI

		Any help will be greatly appreciated

						Thanks
							Andy