[ale] CHanges

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 9 11:27:47 EDT 1996

It occurred to me that a lot of folks that are helping at the expo are not
on the expo mailing list so I am sending this to both lists. Apologies for
the multiple mailings

Also, my machine died last night .I have idea what. Maybe a power supply
problem. I won't have time to fix it so I need a replacement machne toodo
installations on. Several folks had mentioned they would let us use there.
Nows the time to come forward.

I still desparately need confirmation on the schedule from the folks
manning the booths and providing equipment. ASAP. Please!

Servers
=======
Server 1: LAN and WAN services
Machine : Chris Farris ( unknown )
Software: Firewall, Fileserving, DNS, FTP, WWW server, majordomo

Server 2: Compatibility Server
Machine : Dan Newcombe (486dx4-100 w/8MB ram notebook)
Software: Samba, NFS, AppleTalk

Server 3: Terminal Server and AppleTalk
Machine : David Hamm (P-60), Macintosh, 8-port serial card, terminals, 386-25
Software: None special

2 HP Printers (zamoroa at avana.net)
2 printers (Herbert's #1-#5)

Booths
=======

Station 1: Word Processing
Machine  : Eric Hudson Eidson (486dx4-100 VLB w/8M ram, 850+340MB HD, Win95
Software : tkHTML, EZ, WordPerfect, Printer

Station 2: Spreadsheets and Home Finance
Machine  : Todd SanMillan (486dx2-80, 8MB ram, 540MB hdd (250 MB linux), NIC
Software : Wingz, sc, Xsc, cbb, xfinans

Station 3: Fun and Games
Machine  : Steve Duchene (486dx4-100 w/17" monitor)
Software : Doom, Abuse, cbzone, ACM, SimCity, Xfractint

Station 4: Installation
Machine  : ?
Software : Red Hat 3.0.3 and Slackware 3.0

Station 5: Scientific Computing
Machine  : Joe Novosel (Pentim 133, 16MB ram )
Software : Mathematical, Maple, gnuplot

Station 6: Dosemu, Executor, Wine
Machine  : Anthony Ambuehl (486)
Software : Executor, Dosemu, Wine

Station 7: Image Processing, Modellers, Pretty Pictures
Machine  : Dan Newcombe ( 486dx4-120 w 16MB Ram)
Software : PovRay, Sced, Midnight Modeller, Gimp, xpaint, xv3.0

Station 8: Interconnectivity
Machine  : Dan Newcombe (386dx33 w/ 4 MB ram)
Software : Samba, Apple Filesystem, Dos filesystem, NFS, Netware

Station 9: Software Development
Machine  : David Snyder (586-60 w/ 16MB ram)
Software : Xemacs, Crisp, Xforms, Motif, Java

Station10: Internet Applications
Machine  : David Snyder (486 dx2-50 w/ 20MB ram)
Software : Netscape, Xgopher, ncFTP, Mail, Telnet

Station11: Network Security
Machine  : Unknown, one needed
Software : Unknowna, list needed

Station12: ISS (Vendor)
Machine  : Unknown but supplied by ISS
Software : Unknown but supplied by ISS

Still = Michael Still           Hammel= Larry Hammel
E.Ayers = Eric Ay               A.Ayers = Amy Ayers
Singhal = Daniel Singhal        Steinhaus = Joseph Steinhauser
Jackson = Eric Jackson          Newton = Andy Newton
Witter = Andy Witter            Cross = Tom Cross
Lansseth = Jacob Lansseth       Farris = Chris Farris
Duchene = Steve Duchene         Newcombe = Dan Newcombe
Marinacci = Joshua Marinacci    SanMillan = Todd SanMillan
Martin = V Martin               Warfield = Mike Warfield
Dinking = Matt Dinking          Torres = Mark Torres

ISS = Random ISS Employee

Herbert = Jim Herbert (Jim & 4 unamed friends)

Station    10-11am     11-12pm     12-1pm     1-2pm      2-3pm     3-4pm
1          Still        Still       Hammel    Hammel     Hammel    Herbert#3
2          SanMillan    SanMillan   Singhal   Herbert#3  A.Ayers   A.Ayers
3          Witter       Witter      Newton    Newton     Newton    Newton
4          Martin       Martin      Newcombe  Herbert#2  Herbert#2 Herber#2
5          Novosel      Novosel     Herbert#4 Martin     Martin    Herbert#2
6          Marinacci    Marinacci   Ambuehl   Ambuehl    Warfield  Dinking
7          Duchene      Duchene     Martin    Torres     Newcombe  Duchene
8          Newcombe     Newcombe    Herbert#5 Herbert#5  Herbert#5 Herbert#5
9          E.Ayers      E.Ayers     Steinhaus Jackson    Jackson   Jackson
10         A.Ayers      A.Ayers     Torres    Duchene    Duchene   E.Ayers
11         Cross        Cross       Cross     Lansseth   Lansseth  Lansseth
12         ISS          ISS         ISS       ISS        ISS       ISS

1 = Word Processing  2 = Spreadsheets   3 = Fun + Games 4 = Installation
5 = Scientific Computing 6 = Emulators 7 = Image Processing
8 = Interconnectivity 9 = Program Development 10 = Internet Applications/WWW
11 = Unix Security 12 = ISS Vendor Demos
--
Vernard Martin
(vernard.martin at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/vernard/