[ale] I am dumb. (was: Partition table wet)

No one in particular gt7783b at prism.gatech.edu
Sun Apr 7 16:54:41 EDT 1996

In a nutshell, my partition table was actually okay.  It was complaining (and
causing LILO to bomb) because the partition table did not agree with what the
BIOS was reporting to Linux.  Although the drive parameters (cyl,hd,sec) were
correct, the new BIOS had been set up to use LBA, which I hadn't used before
on my vintage 386sx BIOS.  Once I disabled LBA on the new BIOS, the partition
table sobered up and LILO booted just fine.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

bye----
wes