[ale] fd0 perm problems

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Thu Apr 4 22:24:30 EST 1996

}  Maybe it's just me, but it sounded like you were given the
}  correct answer.  If the floppy was write protected when it
}  was mounted, then it was mounted read-only.  In order to
}  write to the floppy it needed to be unmounted and remounted
}  as a read-writable media.  Any chance?
}
}  Maybe not.

Read my posting again.  I said, I did NOT MOUNT the floppy.  It is not
mounted.  Here are the steps:

1. Put write protected floppy in drive fd0.
2. Execute 'tar -czvf /dev/hd01440 /home/foo'
3. Get appropriate 'write protected error'
4. Take floppy out of drive.
5. Make floppy writeable, ie, 'shut little window on floppy.'
6. Put 'writeable' floppy in drive fd0.
7. Execute 'tar -czvf /dev/hd01440 /home/foo'
8. Still get write protected error on now writable floppy.

Am I missing something??

}
}