[ale] April meeting and Expo

Andrew Newton newton at ibm.net
Thu Apr 4 20:06:06 EST 1996

                                           ^
                          I                ^
                       ___I____           /|\
   ______             || |  | ||        // | \
  /|    |             || |  | ||       //  |  \
 | | oo |             || |  | ||      //   |   \
 | | oo |             || |  | ||     ()/   |   \()
 | | oo |             || |  | ||   ()()=========()
 | | oo |____         || |  | ||   (/| o  o o  o |
 | | oo      |        || |  | ||   |/| 8  8 8  8 |
 | | ooooooo |   =====|| |  | ||   | | o  o o  o |
 | | ooooooo |   === =|| |  | ||   |/| 8  8 8  8 |
 | | ooooooo |   =====|| |  | ||   | | o  o o  o |
 | | ooooooo |___=== =|| |  | ||###|/| 8  8 8  8 |
 | | ooooooo      |===|| |  | ||###| | o  o o  o |
 | | ooooooooo +=======================+  8 8  8 |
 | | oooooooo /[    *     **     ***** ]  o o  o |
 | | oooooooo| [   ***    **     **    ]  8 8  8 |
 | | oooooooo| [  ** **   **     ***   ]  o o  o |
 | | oooooooo| [  *****   **     **    ]  8 8  8 |
 | | oooooooo| [  ** **   *****  ***** ]  o o  o |
 | | oooooooo| [                       ]  8 8  8 |
 | | oooooooo| [        Atlanta        ]  o o  o |
 | | oooooooo| [    Linux Enthusiasts  ]  8 8  8 |
 | | oooooooo| [                       ]  o o  o |
 | | oooooooo| +=======================+  8 8  8 |
 | | oooooooo+/_______________________/o  o o  o |
 | | oooooooooooo |= =|| |  | ||###|/| 8  8 8  8 |
 | | oooooooooooo |===|| |  | ||###| | o  o o  o |

    Come and join your fellow Linux Enthusiasts
       for another high-spiritied meeting.

               Thursday 11 April
                     7:00 PM
        Georgia Tech College of Computing
                     Room 17

                   THIS MONTH:

Topic:  Writing Device Drivers under Linux

Doug Todd, a programmer at Scientific Atlanta, will be talking about
writing device drivers for Linux.  The talk will cover the mechanics
of integrating code into the kernel and the concepts of interrupt
driven programming of state machines.

This talk will be of interest to experienced users and programmers
of Linux.

				 THIS MONTH ONLY - A BONUS
              The Atlanta Linux Expo

The Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts proudly present the Atlanta Linux Expo.
Free to the public, this expo will demonstrate the Linux operating
system and various software available for it.  Demonstrations of
compilers, editors, connectivity software such as Web servers, NFS
servers, and Novell and Appletalk interconnectivity solutions,
spreadsheets, databases, word processors, and games like Doom and
Abuse will be available for the public to use and enjoy.

       When:   April 13  10am - 4pm
		 Where:  Georgia Tech Student Services Building
		 Cost:   Just like Linux, its 100% free.

		        For More Information:
	    <URL:http://www.gatech.edu/ale/expo.html>

		  For more info, visit the ALE web page:
            <URL:http://www.gatech.edu/ale/>

    For Directions to the Georgia Tech College of Computing:
 <URL:http://www.cc.gatech.edu/external.affairs/directions.html>

Andrew Newton
lfs at eskimo.com or newton at ibm.net
Andrew Newton