[ale] problems compiling ppp-2.2.0e

Derek S. Ray lorimer at alliance.net
Mon Apr 1 01:04:18 EST 1996

Steven A. DuChene mumbled incoherently:

> 	From past experience this usually indicates the lack of some library
> 	reference on the linking line however I have been unable to find any
> 	thing I might be missing. The memset stuff is found in
> 	/usr/include/asm/string.h and the strtok is defined in
> 	/usr/include/linux/string.h but as to what library carries these symbols
> 	I am at a loss to discover. I would assume libc since that is all the
> 	2.1.2d version of pppd is linked against. Can anyone suggest a possible
> 	solution?

Steven, I'm as lost as you are... I asked about the minor include problems
earlier on this list and got a poitner to c.o.l.n., which solved the minor
ones... but I hit the same problems as you with that one.  I thought that
the lib line was funny as well (don't know why.  no real reason), but I
also can't figure out what to tack on anymore..  I switched the include
from string.h to asm/string.h, and that produced a different set of
errors... so.. :I

Linux 1.3.80 *(bleeding edge! yeah)*, pppd 2.2.0e.  Is this potentially a
kernel problem in the /linux/include directory, by any chance?  anyone
tried compiling 2.2.0e on a 1.2.13 kernel?  (maybe i'll do that here
shortly.  hmm)

--
   finger for PGP key -*- lorimer at alliance.net -*- Vote Brain/Pinky in '96!
     Key fingerprint =  D1 6E A2 69 CF 60 C6 90  3D 34 BE 05 87 B8 12 C8