Patch83

Garner Halloran kheldar at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 18 19:27:42 EST 1995

Patch83 just came out.  I put it on mordred in pub/submissions/linux.  I will
continue to put new patches there.  Below is the email from Linus about the
latest patch:

Oh, well..  1.1.82 had various small nagging problems (like not even
compiling with all setups ;-), and didn't address the networking
problems some have had, so here's to 1.1.83, just uploaded to both
ftp.funet.fi and ftp.cs.helsinki.fi (use ftp.funet.fi if you can: it's
up-to-date now, and has much more capacity).

Patch83 contains:
 - some further porting patches for alpha/mips..
 - vm-area handling update by Bruno Haible: this one speeds up some of
   the mm operations tremendously under certain circumstances.
 - speeling patches
 - Aztech CD-ROM driver (non-ATAPI versions) by Werner Zimmermann
 - cdu31a update by Corey Minyard.  The flashing light is reportedly no
   longer a feature ;-)
 - fixes for all the interrupt handler calling problems I heard about
 - console driver fix for inverting areas (eg visual bell)

The big change is in the tcp file, though: the patch to that is about
15% of the whole patchset, but most of it is actually comments.  There
are various fixes in there as well, though, hopefully fixing all the
problems people have reported.  Worth checking out.

		Linus "hope I got it right this time" Torvalds
Garner Halloran                                    kheldar at felix.cc.gatech.edu
"We demand guaranteed rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
                - Vroomfondel, from _The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts_