Which files for starters

John M. Mills john.m.mills at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 6 09:41:59 EST 1995

Re: Jim Dai's note -- nameserver bounced my direct reply - sorry.

Jim --

At either the top of the distributions/Slackware tree, or in ./SLAKINST, there
should be a file: WHICHONE or a similar name.  It suggests the best boot and
root selections, depending on your drives, etc.  Hope that gets you started.
The little booklet you got (if you bought the 3-disk set) includes an old
version of the INSTALL FAQ.  I think I saw some minor discrepancies, but I
expect it will work for the basics.  If you have a handy PostScript printer
[hint - on a nearby Sun], you might print out the Getting Started guide, though
it's fairly long: c. 220 pgs.  Maybe someone can lend you a printed copy.

Regards --mills--

John M. Mills, SRE -- john.m.mills at gtri.gatech.edu -- (404)528-3258 (voice)
      Georgia Tech/ GTRI/ SDL, 7220 Richardson Rd., Smyrna, GA 30080