ALUG

Eric Zundel Ayers zundel at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 9 11:02:20 EST 1994

> It seems like the core of a users group already
> exists here at Tech, but it's not as accessible as it could be because
> of the "gt" in our name. Why don't we:
>
> 	1) Call ourselves ALUG (Atlanta Linux User's Group).
sure!
> 	2) Change the gtlinux at cc list to alug at cc.
> 	3) Have a weekly or monthly meeting where we sit around
> 		and talk about linux - avoiding the one guy
> 		at the front of the room looking like a geek.

Please not weekly!

> 	4) Elect V or Greg president.

I think we should consider whether or not we need a president when we
all get together to charter the group.  I think that Vernard and Greg
are both great guys and  obvious choices if we are going to have a
president or two or three, but maybe we want to consider some other
form of (dis)organization.

I think it is important to delegate certain responsibilities to
certain people and there will definately be a need for leadership in
certain areas (finding meeting places & times, maintaining user lists,
mailing lists, file archives), but maybe we don't want presidents and
commitees...  (Maybe some people do? )  FYI, I am not a communist or
anything like that.

In appreciation to them both, maybe we can name Greg and Vernard Honorary
Grand Poo-Bahs for life.

> Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any need to affiliate with AUUG.

??? I don't know?  Pros, cons, anyone?

> > What I think we should do is form a group, get a few people together to
> > write an article about Linux for Computer Currents (if it hasn't been
> > done already) and get the word out about the group.
>
> That's a great idea.

Can anyone think of why this might be a bad idea?

-Eric.