smail died....

gt7508b at prism.gatech.edu gt7508b at prism.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 11 14:23:17 EST 1994

Please help....
I am running slackware and put my system on the net yesterday....
seemed to be running ok until this morning when I got a message
from another person useing my system said that all mail that he
has sent to prism.gatech.edu had never gotten through... I looked
in /usr/spool/smail/log/logfile and saw that any message sent to
gatech created a bunch of uucp errors... I AM NOT RUNNING UUCP...
bewildered I decided to run /usr/lib/smail/tools.linux/mkconfig...
It didn't do any good, so I ran it again and told it that my smart-host
was prism.gatech.edu.... this did not solve the problem, and now
local mail has also stopped working, although I can still send mail to
any site on the net other than gatech... I have dug through the docs and
sparse howto files and cannot figure out what is going on....
a new error that keeps poping up is that it can't find the forward database...
there is a /var/lib/smail/forward file, but it is empty.... HELP!!!!
Thanks...
Tom
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-= Tom Cross AKA The White Ninja / Decius 6i5 */^\* -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=- TWN615 at mindvox.phantom.com  GT7508B at prism.gatech.edu =-=-=-=-=-=-=