Documentation?

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Dec 17 12:52:29 EST 1994

Chuck Mattern writes:
>I have a freind in the printing business who does a lot of manual
>production for software publishers in the area.  I'm taking a poll for
>him to see if there would be much interest in locally available nicely
>printed and bound Linux docs.  Any thoughts from the group?

I think it's a good idea.  Currently, I'm trying to negotiate with Yggdrasil
(Linux Bible) and LSL (Dr. Linux) to see if I can get a few copies to sell
at cost at ALE meetings.  I saw Dr. Linux at Oxford Bookstore for $49.95.
That's a little high IMHO.  The Linux Bible is 39.95 + S&H from Yggdrasil,
which isn't much better, either.  I think it's imperative that we make
docs available at a low cost to people who can't get them off the Net.

Greg

--
Greg Hankins (greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu)  |  Georgia Institute of Technology
Computing and Networking Services          |  College of Computing