COMMERCIAL: Dr Linux - The Complete Linux Documentation Book. (fwd)

Greg Hankins gregh at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 23 12:03:28 EST 1994

Would anyone be interested in buying some of these?

>DR LINUX - The Complete 1,180 page Linux Documentation Book.
>Thank you for your inquiry about this latest version of the full Linux
>documentation set.  Here is the ordering information:
>
>List Price:  $49.95
>
>ACC's PRICE: $37.95

I can get them for $25 each.  They cost $49.95 at Oxford Bookstore.
(That is obscenely expensive).

I'd be willing to sell them for $25 + $3 (shipping to GA) = $28 at
ALE meetings (I wouldn't be making any money).  If you are interested, let
me know, and I'll see about ordering some.

>Dr Linux - or Doctor Linux - as in "Just What the Doctor Ordered" for managing
>your Linux installation.  It is the perfect How-to and reference manual for all
>Linux distributions and CD's* including Slackware, Yggdrasil, Redhat, Tamu, and
>for CD packages from Infomagic, Walnut Creek, Morse (Slackware Professional),
>Transameritech, and all the others.
>
>This 1,180 page volume is the complete works of the Linux Documentation Project
>in a convenient and attractive printed book.  It contains all the most recent
>editions of the documents listed below with many new documents as indicated:
>
>        o "Linux Installation and Getting Started" 2.1.1 by Matt Welsh.
>        o "Kernel Hackers' Guide" 0.5 by Michael K. Johnson
>        o "Networking Administrator's Guide" 1.0 by Olaf Kirch
> [NEW!] o "The Linux Users' Guide" 0.4 by Larry Greenfield
> [NEW!] o Alpha release of "System Administrator's Guide" by Lars Wirzenius
> [NEW!] o LILO Users Guide
> [NEW!] o LILO Technical Manual
>
>        o "How to" Guides on the following subjects:
>
>    [NEW!] Bus Mice             [NEW!] CDROM
>           Dos Emulation               Distributions
>           Ethernet                    Floppy Tape
>           Hardware                    Installation
>    [NEW!] Japanese Extensions  [NEW!] Keyboard Mapping
>           MGR Graphics                Mail
>           Networking           [NEW!] Network Information Systems (NIS)
>           Usenet News          [NEW!] PCI Bus
>           Printing                    SCSI
>           Serial                      Sound
>           Term                        Tips
>           UUCP                 [NEW!] Wine (Frequently Asked Questions list)
>           XFree86

Greg

--
Greg Hankins (greg.hankins at cc.gatech.edu)  |  Georgia Institute of Technology
Computing and Networking Services          |  College of Computing